IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

6 hours ago, Carl Kesselman said:

I start up LiveProcessor, configure settings, sees my mike and Dac.  Hit the measure button and Live starts up.  Load the calibration file hit Proceed to Volume Calibration button and I get an "Invalid argument" error.  However, it looks like if I don't load the calibration file, things are ok.

This initially baffled me too.  I solved it by editing the mic calibration file to delete values for frequencies above 22,005 Hz.  (I did not experiment with values between 22,005 and 23,000, but it definitely fails with any values above 23,000 Hz notwithstanding that my USB mic has a 48 KHz sampling rate, hence a 24 KHz Nyquist frequency.)

I intend to submit a bug report that it should silently ignore higher calibration frequencies instead of failing.

FYI, I initially thought the problem might be the format of the calibration file.  I discovered the delimiter between frequency and amplitude can be a tab, one space or multiple spaces, and it doesn’t matter whether the final value is terminated by a newline.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

• 1 year later...

Confusion re product name and sales

Flavio:  

Does the standalone Mac/Windows version (with standalone Processor) have a name to distinguish it from the Dirac Live product that works only with licensed AVRs?

It appears you have removed the standalone Mac/Windows version from your web Shop.  Are you offering 30-day trials of either 1.x or the 2.0 beta to new customers?

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7