IGNORED

Time To Dump Tidal? Bluesound / BlueOS Now Has Deezer HiFi

I have been thinking about trying a higher res streaming service than Spotify and is currently mulling over Qobuz and Deezer. My Yamaha WXC50 network streamer supports both with its MusicCast app. So far Qobuz seems to be winning as it is a platform from which I can stream and buy tracks.

incidentally, i have seen that Cambridge Audio, which only natively supports Spotify Connect in its streamers recommends adding a Chromecast Audio via optical in to use Deezer and Qobuz. So as I understand, both apps are chromecast enabled.

6 hours ago, Rexp said:

The WXC50 looks interesting, is it gapless?

On Flac files streamed over the network, yes.

the only thing I mind on it is some sort of display in the front that shows what it is playing. Need to dig out the phone and look into the app for that.

• 2 weeks later...

No one beats Spotify when it comes to selection, curated content or discovery.

which is why it is so frustrating to see them drag their heels about offering a hifi tier.

their forums are full of people who have a Spotify and tidal account and are complaining non stop about how bad the tidal user experience is, but how they have no option but to continue subscribing to both services.

Spotify's radio section is pretty good now, actually. Just pick an article or one of your own playlists and their recommendations are really good.

They have recently started a new feature whereby if you play tracks from one artist or your own playlists, they will continue auto playing with suggestions once your own tracks have ended. It's pretty neat for laid back listening and is a feature I use a lot at work.

I think that the streaming arena will go through what happens in every area of disruptive tech, which is consolidation. Over time, the smaller players will be absorbed by the larger ones and eventually there will only be 2-3 major ones left.

i hope Qobuz withstands the fire though. They offer a truly unique service.