IGNORED

Can I use JRiver with M2Tech Hiface?

tz1963

Hi Chuck and thankyou for the advice regarding renaming.

My brother who is a little more IT savvy than me was knocking about

and I asked him and he said exact same thing. Did it and it is now on my

usb stick waiting to be run on my Eee Box at home.

Cheers,

Lewis

Asus Eeebox EB1501 > HiFace > MF Vdac > Naim NAC102/NAP180 > Castle Howard

Well after a busy weekend with little enough time to spit,

I got round to unzipping and installing the driver that Marco sent me.

I ran the setup32.exe as my OS is W7 Home premium which I presume is 32bit.

Unfortunately I get the exact same message as before.

I re-emailed Marco in the hope he can send me a driver that gets this little face unit

working with WASAPI. Failing that, if Chuck would kindly oblige again to

[email protected]

That would be awesome.

Kind regards,

Lewis

Hi,

I sent to you the driver. Before you install it, uninstall another.

Here, after I install this driver (1.03.140) JR works ok.

After reinstalling the driver (140), you must reconfigure the windows. Enable the playback component outputs in hiface 24/192. In JR, you must enable the resampler also 24/192.

Leonardo.

Thankyou both Chuck and Leo, I received the Driver and uninstalled and reinstalled.

Unfortunately, I get the same Error messages as my previoius post.

I am curious however about what Leo said but do not fully understand.

"After reinstalling the driver (140), you must reconfigure the windows."

"Enable the playback component outputs in hiface 24/192." (This bit specifically)

"In JR, you must enable the resampler also 24/192." (Also this bit, why would we want to enable resampling?, surely we want to avoid any further processing of the signal)

Could you clarify your suggestion please Leo?

Also if Marco is still perusing this thread, "HELP, PLEASE"

Cheers y'all,

Lew

Lew,

1) What version of windows are you using and is it 32bit or 64bit? Check under control panel - system

2) What is the error message you are getting?

3) Are you using JRiver Media Center or J River Media Jukebox?

I have used 3 different systems (2 with Win7 and 1 with XP) with the hiface unit and it works straight off. I didnt need to reconfigure windows. All that was needed was to change the Output settings in JRMC. Also, you do not need to configure the resampler.

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

Hi msb and thanks for the reply.

I have as ASUS Eeeebox EB1501 that shipped 1 month ago with Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

I have not done more than one update but I cannot report the build status at this point(at work) can do later if you believe it to be important.

The error message is as an earlier post but this is not complete but a faithful word by word copy of what I thought was pertinent, I quote,

""Playback could not be started on the output 'Windows Audio Output API(WAAPI)' using the format '96000 Hz, 24 bits per sample 2 chanels.""

It dispays the same message with 16 bit but just changes it description. then says

""This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format'.""

I was using JRMC evaluation version, but before trying the drivers Marco sent, I bit the bullet and purchased the full version.

As mentioned the HiFace shows fine in windows and using ASIO4ALL in JRMC everything is working fine. I can open and alter settings in the ASIO4ALL ui that displays in the system tray when music is playing.

I can select WASAPI in Output Mode in JRMC then select the HiFace in Output Settings Mode Tab. But when I select a piece of music to play I get the above error response.

Thought peeps?

Kind regards,

Lew ;-)

Just tried again the drivers on my Dell Zino HD with Win 7 64bit Home Premium and it still can't work.... wonder why....??

I tried both the beta 1.03 and official 1.03, both doesn't work. Did a full reformat and re-installed of my Win 7 before trying..... I am thinking whether is there any hardware differences causing the incompatibilty so far....

Regards

rtankm

I guess I could use Foobar. I was rather hoping to settle on one interface that looked

and felt great(Initially bought MM3 but much prefer JRMC but quite a bit more expensive)

For the purpose of getting WASAPI output from a player I'l take a look later.

Still waiting of Marco from M2Tech coming up with an answer.

Not wanting to sound ungrateful but many people will have bought the product

because of it's advertised compatability with WASAPI, only to spend hours struggling.

It should just work out of the box. I wouldn't say I was any kind of expert but I'm

starting to find my way round a bit now and feel I've done all that should be

required of me to get this device installed and working as it should be.

In all fairness to Marco, he is happy to take emails and is responding quite promptly

so I'm hopefull of a resolution.

Regards,

Lewis

No, I did not get the same errors lewburns. Win 7 showed driver installed okay. I test it at the play device and it couldn't play and win 7 hang. The rest of the win 7 still okay but I can't shut down after that... I have to physically power down.

It would hang JRMC too.... :( I really like the interface of JRMC and since my Dell Zino HD only got USB no firewire.... the HiFace was my luck at getting hires audio....

• 7 months later...

Is there any reason to use ASIO4ALL with the Hiface? I mean, according to the FAQ of M2Tech, using Kernel Streaming should make for bit-perfect playback. This is what it says:

"But when Kernel Streaming mode is used, a bitperfect transfer is ensured, because samples are directly delivered by the player to the interface, without any change."

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.