IGNORED

IS EVERYTHING DEBATABLE, REALLY?

So, when someone like the eminent beer feature the term "subjective" prominently, is it assumed that the meaning is transparent and agreed upon? Is it possible that there are unquestioned presuppositions?

here's just a straightforward, non-controversial dictionary definition:

based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"his views are highly subjective"
synonyms: personal, individual, emotional, instinctive, intuitive
"a subjective analysis"
antonyms: objective
  • dependent on the mind or on an individual's perception for its existence.

Is this what is meant?

54 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Regardless of how many classes in statistics you've taken, the fact that you believe Alex's claims regarding bit identical files disqualifies you from being a scientist.

great that you are here to adjudicate such things!...but, for the sake of others, maybe you should announce your expertise? Although, I don't actually believe that someone has to be credentialed in some way to have a valid perspective. I don't think you do either. Just the boys having a little fun as usual?

12 hours ago, kumakuma said:

I have no interest in playing your word games, Monk Man.

That's a word game. You play them regularly. In fact, I was responding to yours.

Think of the tools in a tool-box: there is a hammer, pliers, a saw, a screw-driver, a rule, a glue-pot, glue, nails and screws.—The functions of words are as diverse as the functions of these objects. (And in both cases there are similarities.) Of course, what confuses us is the uniform appearance of words when we hear them spoken or meet them in script.