IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

I did have an order in for an SR5, but cancelled as I was very lucky to find a SR7 twin rail up for sale second hand in the UK.  Paul was great and refunded me without issue (I think he's definately on track now and he's a very genuine guy).

So, initial impressions of the SR7 powering my DNHE NUC is that it is a noticible improvement in detail retreival throughout and in partiqular I am very impressed with the change in the upper octaves - cymbels, bells etc... instruments such as these now also appear in their own space, and depending upon the recording, can also be heard outside of the speakers (not just stereo separation anymore, I'm now hearing sounds that are heard above the speakers as well).

Lower octaves sound similar to my PC which was my previous reference (MSI Z97I Gaming ITX mobo, 4790k, Corsair PSU - Euphony as playback) - dynamics and transients are about the same on the two.

One thing I have noticed is that the SR7 sounds somewhat darker overall, reminds me of vinyl playback perhaps...  I guess this could be countered by switching to a slightly brighter sounding DAC (I used Naim V1 at present).

Can anyone else comment on experiencing a slightly darker sound signature with the SR7?