IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

On 06/01/2018 at 10:26 PM, Emcee said:

Maybe your emails are ending up in a spam folder. I sent Paul a few emails and always got replies with detailed explanations about various options. Based on this positive experience I ended up ordering a customized SR4 last week. Paul told me it was scheduled for January production. If he had told me I might have to wait several months(years) I would have cancelled my order.

I would not be so optimistic regarding delivery times...I am awaiting an SR7 supposed to be delivered end of January and I was getting very quick replies to my emails, very often the same day, before placing the order....I followed-up on my order twice over the last week and still have not heard anything :( I never expected to receive my SR7 on time but it'd be nice to receive a reply and get more visibility :$

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

Actually, I received a reply today where Paul explains the reasons behind the delays, his explanation is quite detailed and I feel for him....not sure how long the delays will be for the SR7 but for the SR4 he has a mitigation in place and it seems he is able to minimize the delays there (too bad for me, I changed my mind from originally an SR4 order to go for the SR7)

I was getting worried about the overall radio silence and I'll be fine with a delay as long as I know I'll receive the SR7 at some point 9_9 I feel relieved now :)

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

There are a lot of details which I do not feel appropriate for sharing with a large community and with an open access but in essence, it has to do with the path he has followed to set-up the new business and some health issues (which most people have heard about).

If you PM me your email, I'll send you the document that I believe he's sending to his customers enquiring about order status

On 15/01/2018 at 7:50 AM, jean-michel6 said:

Hi Guillaume 

When did you order your unit ? Have you received an updated delivery time ?

Hi Jean-Michel,

I ordered mine last September I think, but it was an SR-4 at the time and I changed my mind to an SR-7 shortly afterwards....I have not received any revised schedule unfortunately

• 4 months later...

Thanks for reviving this topic....I've been wondering if people have received delivery/schedule news from Paul ?

I've been enquirying with him a couple of times but have not heard anything back so far :(

Guillaume

So is anyone receiving any updates from Paul or noone is and not worrying about it ? It's the first time I'm not managing to get a reply at all from him so I'm starting to feel unsecure... :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Paul and sorry to hear about the complications...I was happy to hear in a previous email that despite several challenges you will not compromise on quality and I think it's important to state it here too !

Good luck with the move, I hope all will go according to plan (we know it never does ;) but one ought to try :)  )