IGNORED

DIYINHK Isolated XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512 review anywhere?

5 hours ago, barrows said:

From what I see looking at the DIYINHK PCB, it looks like it just has isolators on its I2S output, without any re-clocking.  This is not the way to do this right, as the isolators add quite a bit of jitter.  What you want to have is the following:

USB receiver-isolators-clocks AND a re-clocking stage with direct masterclock feed from the clocks themselves-I2S output.

Without a re-clock stage after the isolators output jitter will be high.  In this case I would probably prefer to use the DIYINHK board with no isolation (also 768 PCM capable, and DSD 256 via DoP).  

Down below on the right, X45 and X49 seem to be crystals located after the isolator, quite certainly for reclocking. Or am I wrong?

Even more, they specify that those oscillators "are located on the clean isolated side for highest performance."

DIYHINK policy seems to be that you can and should use external, high quality, very low noise regulators. Of course I didn't want to mean that the quality of the power supply is not important, but a better supply will be limited by the quality of the board.

In fact, the word reclock is not mentioned anywhere by DIYHINK. I will try to get that info.

Oh, no. I'm not referring to things like the XX7 regulators for the linear power supplies, even if their implementation is quite critical too to get best results.

Very low noise linear regulators from LT, TI and AD seem the way to go. DIYHINK also sell a whole line of high performance linear regulator supplies to use with their products:

http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/88-08uv-ultralow-noise-dac-power-supply-regulator-91215v-15ax2.html

A friend of mine who knows a lot more of digital audio than I do was who pointed to the DIYHINK as a better product than the Singxer.

But I couldn't yet find a comparison between these two products.

Why would the Singxer be a better start than the DIYHINK? I'm wondering, not disagreeing.