IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

All of whatever you all are talking about is over my head. It would take some time and research to understand the tweaks you’re apparently doing with the software.

I recently spent what I feel is a good bit of money for Audirvana. It sounds great setting it up following the manual’s instructions. 

I have 8 gigs of memory on my late 2015 iMac. This is the only program that has slowed down my computer. Is there anything I should do to make Audirvana use memory more effectively? Or is the program commonly memory hungry? It slows down a lot when I’m editing metadata in a separate application, as Audirvana is updating the library. 

I have defragmented the library as suggested by damien78. Audirvana works fine and smooth. Then when I updated an album cover within the Audirvana application, I got the spinning beach ball for a long enough time that I was considering terminating Audirvana. I don’t have any other applications running. Safari is not running. 

I have an iMac 5K 8GB memory AMD Radeon R9 M395 3.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5. Are there settings on my computer or Audirvana that would solve this problem?
  • 2 weeks later...

Really liking Audirvana. 

Only suggestion I would like to request is that you make a “night mode”. If you had the option to make a black skin, then when you’re listening at night the computer screen is not so bright. Also I work the night shift. It’s easier on the eyes if the screen is dark with white lettering. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...