IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Cant seem to install the update ,goes through the install process,shuts down does not reopen,when opened still on 3.0.7 any ideas ?

looking forward to fade option between tracks, and better level integration between Av and Qobuz (qobuz always ALOT louder then AV) nudge !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi would like a bit of help here,this has been happening from a few versions back,i buy an album from Qobuz,it downloads i drag the file to "music" on an external hd, AV sees it the bar on the right moves,great when i go to the album half the tracks are missing ! when i individually put them in they show up,but when i try to play them they wont play,i have to reboot to get it working.im not using anything todo with itunes. Thanks Bazz.

• 3 weeks later...

jumpsturdy every time i install a new version of AV i do this now, it sorts out any library issues,

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC, Restart A+ then add your music folder... and wait

• 4 weeks later...

Hi when i stop av it wont play again it loads the song then sits there ,i have to reboot the mac to get it going again,even after resetting the pram etc and removing av files,THIS IS GETTING REALLY BORING -DAMIEN.

im running el cap as there are so many issues with sierra,and my late 09 mini  should not really run it,however my question is ,if it will fix this problem should i give it a go ?

• 2 weeks later...

i never up-sample to my Metrum Nos dac ,but even in normal mode SOX initially sounds impressive then it quickly wears off, realising it sounds hard,forced,the music dosent swing or groove anymore,and the decay or reverb is clipped like its running through a badly set up Dolby unit,maybe it just dosent suit Nos or it needs a bit of tweeking ,its not a problem happy with izotope.  

9 hours ago, BreezyS said:

Massive thanks for all the support received.

The one thing that makes me wonder if something in A+ might be contributing is that last Saturday I did a full OS restore on my Mac so everything was wiped clean. I could then play iTunes through my DAC perfectly. Then, come Sunday, I reinstalled A+ and now I have no sound through USB.  Bizarre! I think I got the error messages my pressing the button under the System Optimizer checheck boxes that says something about restarting devices now; however, I have subsequently trashed and reinstalled system Optimizer as per RunHomeSlow and still have the sound issue.

I have tried a PRAM reset, and an SCM reset, prior to the reinstall but will try again later after work and will also post some setup screenshots. Only other connections on the Mac are hdmi to TV and FireWire to external HDD holding my music files.

I can't help thinking that something in A+ release with SoX did something. If I did another HDD wipe and OS reinstall of El Capitan maybe I should try installing an older A+ version. Is that possible?

Thanks again. Keep the suggestions coming - will report back later

Hi im not sure if its the same on your mini mac ,but on my 09 mini to reset the pram you dont use the usual keyboard input because its headless i think your supposed to turn it off, unplug the mains lead ,press the power button for 15 seconds, plug in mains then start up again,give that a go.

Hi Mazuly

thats a fair point i did think about doing that but i thought it was a common issue ,ive gone back to 3.1.8 now where it still does it with Qobuz but not in Library ,the freezing comes and goes with the different releases i just cant remember the version that worked in A+ and Qobuz,

Personally i think A+ sounds great as is but would like to see ONLY releases that fix the basic PLAYING MUSIC RELIABLY eg like Itunes, as i have many other issues besides the constant need to "supposedly" improve sound quality with upsampling @Sox

like,

search -Never finds certain Artists ???

random play-stops randomly ??

levels between Library and Qobuz complexity different- eg Qobuz really loud

adding albums to library-splits albums up into 2 or more -matadata issues and cant get them together.

compute albums replays gain -Should have the option to set this when album added .

Prune play queue-keyboard short cut please .

i could go on but i wont bore you .

ok mbain,excuse me if you've done this already its a common issue

turn on dac BEFORE mac,turn on mac, open midi setup do you see your dac in the list ? if yes then click on it,it should go red,then right click select-use this device for sound output ,open A+ then prefs,then audio system ,at the top do your see your dac as preferred audio device ? if yes go to system optimizer and untic  optimize system for audio playback.dont have itunes open or run it in itunes integrated mode. keep midi screen open ,play song dont worry if it jumps back to built in output ,it does this but you should still hear it.

if no to any of the above then there may be a connection issues that i cant resolve,let me know,

3 hours ago, mbain said:

Bizzvid,

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I have a Schiit Eitr in the chain between the ultrarendu and ny DAC.

Ok is that Via USB ? Whatever you have plugged into the Mac needs to be recognised by the Mac before it's going to output to the device ,have you ever had sounds from your setup eg from itunes ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi those of you who are running El Cap and Qobuz and having freezing issues ,assuming you've got System optimizer on with all boxes ticked you will also need to UNTICK  'Allow spotlight suggestions in spotlight and look up ' that's in mac preferences/spotlight.

• 8 months later...