IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 7:50 AM, pam1975 said:

hey everyone, 

I have been using my Kii Three for 2 years and I would now like to add a subwoofer to them.

2 questions:

1- how is the optimal way to connect a sub to the Kii Three?

2- I am just *thinking* at this point about adding a KEF KC62 (Frequency Response (-3dB) 11Hz). Would this work?

If you have good alternatives in a similar price range I would be happy to know (budget 1-2K) :) 

Thank you!

Look at Cazzesman comments in this thread just above.  He seems to have done it successfully.

2 channel : full Innuos suite / Black Cat USB cables / Kii Three BXT

Desktop : Innuos PulseMINI / Roon ROCK / SaBaj A20d amp-DAC / DCA E3 headphones

Hey Kii Three fans,

I am looking to implement the Kii system into a multichannel set up.  So far I have two Kii Three/BXT and another pair of Kii Three's so a total of four.  Moving towards a stereo / Home Cinema set up with surround.  Maybe one more Kii Three for the center with Kii Three/BXT for left and right all behind an acoustically transparent drop down screen.  The other pair of Three's for the rear surround.

Thinking about using an AV processor with analogs out to Kii analog XLR inputs.  Will still use my streamer with Kii control for stereo mode and raise the screen.  Set up two profiles in the Kii control - one for stereo and the other for cinema.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Thanks for sharing the review.  That was a very accurate description of my experience with the 3/BXT in my set-up.

• 9 months later...

I tried several "audiophile" power cables, fancy ethernet cables and power conditioners but could not say anything improved the SQ.  The Kii Three and control are fine with their included cables.  I use a full suite Innuos front end with Black Cat Cable Digit USB.  All the Innuos gear is great and the Sense OS sounds good.  The Black Cat USB is the first cable I ever used that made an improvement.

Adding the BXT was a game changer.

Since I am on wood floors the stock BXT spikes were an accident waiting to happen with floor gouging.  I considered the Gaia's but the cost for that size is up there.  I use sorbothane rubber pieces under the base plates.  The Navy uses it on submarines for sound/vibration control.  Easy to find in any shape or durometer (hardness) you need.