IGNORED

Light Harmonic Labs: can this company stay viable?

2 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

Start-up companies used to go to Wall Street for investment capital. Now, they expect end-use consumers to front the money for products that don't exist? With so many legit choices out there, I don't really get why someone would fall for that.

Of course I agree but that being said once you take the money you have an OBLIGATION to deliver the product. Otherwise it is just theft.

A lot of this industry relies good faith. They obviously have none left and should be prosecuted.

3 minutes ago, PorkChop said:

Well...there are still some ethical lines, grey as they are. These funds are appropriated for a specifc purpose.  If the campaigner immediately spends them on a 3 month vacation in Aruba...maybe they can't be punished by the crowdfunding site, but that's still a case of business fraud.

Maybe the Light Harmonic Labs situation isn't as open and shut, but it does appear that an artifcial storyline has been created to cover up facts about them spending money obtained from newer IGG projects to fulfill previous initiatives.

Here is the question..is the community going to take Larry Ho and Gavin Fish to task? As far as I am concerned they are guilty of fraud. My friend is out 3 large. That is a significant amount of money.

On top of that it kept him on the sidelines, unable to purchase a competitor's DAC because his money was already spent. Well done Ho and Fish.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Larry Ho said:

Hi, 

Really thanks for letting people know more details. Here is what I confirm.

1) Light Harmonic and LH Labs are both operational. 

2) We didn't pick up the phone for customer service but our customer service team do answer averagely 30 ~ 50 tickets per day.

3) I spent more time recently in Asia because there are many key components (like memory, screen and battery) are located there.

4) I'm truly sorry for the slow R&D progress on Geek Wave player. We will make more good updates and targeted ship out date in Indiegogo.

5) We didn't use Wave or Pulse's money to support other products. Actually we are doing normal retail selling for Tesla Speakers/GO2A and other products to sponsor the R&D cost of Wave. And the original fund related to wave is not the big number shown on the campaign. That Wave campaign contains headphone, earbud, Source... and so on.

6) I just replied one message on head-fi.org. I tried to jump in different forums but the best thing I want to do is to hire a good customer service professional to work with us.

Larry 

What gumption.

This is gonna be a good one to sit back an watch. :ph34r: