IGNORED

Getting rid of CD's?

29 minutes ago, unbalanced output said:

It's a bit OT for sure and I apologise for that, but - artists don't get payed per views, but on the revenue made from videos. The payment per view is lower since the average quality of ads is lower than other services (e.g. other video streaming services don't allow skipping ads or using ad blockers so the pay ratio is higher). Youtube is not a good platform for listening to music, but when it comes to music clips - well, it displaced MTV out of the business. 

It's just another platform for music artists, but from the point of view of the consumer it's great (it's free and artists make money out of it!). The argument that artists make $1 per disc to me is broken, that's 10% of an USD 10 album. Youtube's revenue per view may be low, but creators average a take 55% of the revenue. Tell me which one is fairer?

You're blowing smoke. Look up what artists really make on youtube, it's similar to what I quoted. The point is that saying YT is great b/c "artists get paid" is highly misleading. They get paid a pittance. 

Don't kid yourself. The corporate interests involved used the changes in media to set up a new paradigm where almost all the money goes to them and almost none to the artist. It's really that simple, no matter how much you try and explain it away.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)