Question: I've got a microRendu with LPS-1. I tried a Singxer F1 but it didn't sound as good as the USB input of the Job INTegrated. I would like to see if the EITR sounds at least as good as the USB input of my amp. However I'm afraid EITR destroys the mains isolation I get from LPS-1. EITR could introduce new noise in the chain. Does it? 

9 hours ago, Charente said:

@jaaptina What do you have as the energiser SMPS for the LPS-1 ? It may possibly be the main cause of AC pollution to other units, as I have found out. As far as the EITR is concerned, I refer you to the second para of my post just above yours.

That's what I mean. The microRendu with LPS-1 is isolated from mains. Introducing EITR with SMPS  is a breach of the isolation. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a microRendu with LPS-1. I'm in doubt between upgrading to ultraRendu or adding EITR to microRendu. Would the resulting SQ be on the same level? 

I think the usb input of my amp is of good quality because before with Aries Mini the USB and spdif inputs sounded alike. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was in doubt between upgrading microRendu to ultraRendu or adding EITR. Since EITR is sold out and I could sell microRendu for a reasonable price I have upgraded to ultraRendu. Very happy with the boost in sound quality. More than I thought possible.

Might give EITR a try when it's on sale again. Just to be able to use coax input. 

4 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

What DAC do you have?

Goldmund Job INTegrated amp with dac. Job seems to have a slight preference for usb input. However the startup procedure isn't straightforward when usb device is kept powered up. Coax input is without difficulty. Singxer F1 didn't sound as good as USB input though. 

4 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I don't think my ears are that good :-)  And I really can't be bothered to go through the selling and buying process.  My wife already thinks I'm absolutely mental. LOL

?I didn't hear much difference between dacs (4) and amps (2) let alone cabling. Differences between Pioneer N-30 streamer, Aries Mini, microRendu and ultimately ultraRendu were all very satisfactory.

Now I'm wondering about the nuances I missed in my former Metrum Octave dac and Sonneteer Alabaster amp due to the lousy N-30. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2-1-2018 at 6:39 PM, tz1963 said:

One more Eitr > Job Integrated user here. Very pleased with the result, even straight out of the PC.

I had EITR between ultraRendu with LPS-1 and Job INTegrated. In this chain EITR might loose the isolation LPS-1 provides. At least it didn't have a positive effect on sound quality in this chain. So I sold EITR and I'm using the usb input of the Job again. The new owner of the EITR is pleased with it. 

• 1 year later...