IGNORED

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital: MQA HW decoding at reasonable cost

I have been playing music on my S2D via Moode on my new Allo USBridge Sig. I have an issue with clicks, which Allo have resolved by downgrading me to Moode v5/Linux kernel 4.14.92 from June 2019! (Latest version of Moode is v7) (My bug report is here:

Allo say "Some DAC's having issue with the latest Linux kernel versions. And it is working fine with old kernel versions. Mainstream kernel of the OS ,we cannot alter."

I am surprised to learn that this popular and fairly-recent DAC is no longer compatible with Linux.

Have others had trouble with the S2D on Allo products, or on Linux? Can anyone explain what is the problem and whether there are workarounds. Or is this DAC now obsolescent for Linux?

Thanks guys. I checked with my Audiolab MDAC and the problem is the same. So it's sounding even less likely that Allo's explanation above (Linux flaw) is correct.

Is there anyone out there please using S2D with Allo's USBridge and moOde? This is a big puzzle and Allo have lost interest now that my product is working (following their downgrade fix).

(It's not broadband or LAN or USB cable or power supply or file server or Qobuz. Works fine with 2 year old version of moOde/Linux.)