IGNORED

10 grand - what set up would you recommend?

I have had 2 purpose built computer servers and 4 DAC over the past 6 years.  I can say with confidence, the server matters as much as the DAC.  With a $10K or less budget, talk to Ben with Mojo Audio.  He will build a very musical system that fits your budget.  His server and DAC, paired with a head phone amp won best in show any price by one of the writers for TAS at Axpona.   They  run stable and perform a lot better than a Microrendu.  Having said that, the Sonore products are a great band for the buck.  Very good sound if you have DSD files.  Decent sound with PCM.  Digital is also very susceptible to noise and cables.  What do I mean.  Save money for items such as interconnects and USB/SPDIF cables as well as a good power cord for both the server and DAC.  They matter.  More than you think.  Also consider something like  an Akiko Corelli to clean up high frequency noise on the power lines.    Bits are not just bits.  You have to consider the whole system.  Schiit  audio gets great write ups and I thought their room was one of the best sounding at Axpona.  The whole schebang was $3700 or so.  Find a used Antipodes server for $3700 and a new Schiit DAC for $2K.  You have a lot left over for the other accessories I mentioned.  They matter so build them into your budget.