IGNORED

How DOES the grounding boxes work?

54 minutes ago, jabbr said:

I prefer to listen to music while in a hot air balloon floating directly over the north pole, and do prefer a grounding box because earth ground is not practically available.

I have constructed a balloon basket whose floor is double layer of layered interspersed with tourmaline sand ;) 

You can use Magic Bricks for ballast - yes, they're baaaack

6 hours ago, lasker98 said:

Why should your unproven belief carry any more weight than my unproven belief?

We have now reached the crux of the biscuit.'

As has been pointed out many times, his comments are NOT a belief and are well-proven - for two centuries.

Your comments ARE a belief, and require magical thinking.

Despite what you may have learned in post-modern deconstructionism, not all statements or viewpoints have equal validity.

6 hours ago, lasker98 said:

And people believed the earth was flat for a lot longer than a few centuries.

One more time...  belief systems do not equate to scientific discoveries, and experimental tests of hypotheses.

You should have learned that in high school, if not college.  What happened?

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

I see what you are saying. Don't want to get too far off topic, but do you (or the several others who posted this dichotomy) then consign religious beliefs entirely to the realm of subjectivity? And why are these audiophile beliefs considered to be "religious"? Just because they are "beliefs"? That seems quite wrong to me.

as one man who studied for the clergy said, there is no necessity to invoke a belief in a deity to explain objective reality

(paraphrase of Charles Darwin)

one can certainly have faith and belief, or (as you know) commission the building of telescopes to study the origins of the universe, while believing that understanding works of the creator is part of praise

43 minutes ago, plissken said:

I wouldn't assign the dictionary definition of the word 'work' to something that introduces noise.

noise is EMF and travels over a distance....

therefore...  F x d

you mean, a 'good' work (sounds like religion, eh?)

and, of course, the Net work in a conservative force field is... zero

20 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I want that post removed. You've made your own comments and for some reason tried to attribute as a quote from me. I want no misunderstanding now or ever from anyone reading any of this crap that I would ever post anything like that.

Unbelievable. get a frickin' life.

not at all - read my text at the bottom

now get a frickin' education, and that includes reading comprehension

18 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

His belief is that the box is acting as an antenna only. Are you seriously trying to tell me that that belief has been well proven for two centuries.

Please tell me that was a joke.

please re-read those posts -- he is offering a hypothesis i.e. something that is testable (like a question that can be answered), it is not a belief

you need to learn the difference between the two