IGNORED

Article: A Conversation About Network Audio, AES67, Ravenna, and Merging Technologies

9 hours ago, rb2013 said:

My latest hybrid USB/Ethernet chain just smokes the best I could get from AOIP.  For me AOIP had a sterile quality and lacked the ultimate in dynamics - I found myself bored with the SQ.  But with my USB/Ethernet chain the thrill is back - dynamics to knock your socks off - but with a tonal richness and density that the best my $30K near sota analog rig could barely muster.  At a fraction of the cost of either the Rednet/Mutec/Antelope I sold or even just the Dynavector XV-1S cartridge in my old analog rig.

Hi.  I am trying to start to read/catch up with your Epitome stuff and it looks very interesting.  A couple of questions:

1) the Lex and Rx nomenclature doen't seem to come from Icron or Startech; are those your own names, and if so is it becuase each box has also been modded?

2) what do you think the the full BOM $$ amount is, since you called it a fraction of the price of other solutions?

3) where would the first step (simply using Icron/Startech and some goos power supplies) fit in you ranking (100-500) for us to get started?

ths again...very interesting

rb2013, I already use an SU-1 (reviewed it here with the Holo Spirng dac and posted numerous times about it, with mods, LPS1 options, etc) so are you saying the $1400+ included the F-1 USB/SPDIF box, cuz that is not needed by many of us?  Thx