IGNORED

HDtracks download manager...

Other than I hate Java apps (and have to re-enter my login info each time I run it), it has worked perfectly for me over several purchases (Mac OS X, 10.6.6).

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased two albums today and experienced no issue - but I paid via PayPal instead of credit card, so it could still be a problem with their credit card acceptance software.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 1 year later...
Tried the OSX version of the new downloader for the first time this morning. (It was downloaded via HDtracks, which I just now noticed was v18.01.08; I've now updated to 18.01.10 via the link posted earlier here.) In any case, it worked flawlessly (no problem with the "@" symbol) and the UI is much nicer than the previous one HDtracks used. Great job!

One bit of weirdness, though: when my download finished and I quit the software, an alert appeared (from the OSX finder) stating that the downloader "quit unexpectedly". Re-launching the downloader and quitting again produced the same alert. This happens with both 18.01.08 and 18.01.10. I'm hoping this isn't a big deal, but it is a little annoying....

Russell

Yes, I see that every time as well. I suspect this is something JRiver is already aware of, but happy to provide crash reports if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
I went back to HD Tracks today for a bit of Beethoven. Haven't been there for about a year. The IP block didn't apply to this offering. HD Tracks were exceedingly efficient at taking my money but the new download manager wouldn't give me my stuff. This app really is a POS. HD Tracks and J River should be ashamed. They are children trying and failing in an adult world of commerce.

Thanks to this forum I was able to access and use the slow download manager. It's not terribly slow but the main thing is that it just works. No reply yet from HD Tracks to my inquiry about how to get my stuff. The matter is now moot because I have managed to obtain what I bought - no thanks to HD Tracks.

That's the last I use HD Tracks. But I will talk at length of their lousy service and rubbish implementation to anyone who will listen. Their lack of professionalism deserves all the exposure it can get.

No problems here with the new download manager, on either Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.8.x. Working great and *much* faster than the old Java-based one.

• 1 year later...
OK, here we are 4 years after the initial post, and the issues still persist:

- downloads fail (I have to try at least 4 times till a single track download completes successfully)

- if the download completes, the processing of the audio files fails 50% of the time

- the app (version19.0.60) stalls and fails silently, and starts consuming all CPU (over 10 hang logs in the last 24 hours, all for one album download)

- the app reliably crashes on quit

- resuming downloads fails 80% of the time, and to attempt a resume you have to quit and relaunch the app

This is on the current release of OS X (10.9.3), firewall off, tried rebooting, re-installing the app, removing caches, removing settings for the downloader in ~/Library/Application support, removing downloader files in ~/L/Saved Application State, removing partial downloads, etc.

No problems with iTunes downloads, or any other apps, of course.

Apple has “Human Interface Guidelines” for developers, the downloader app breaks these guidelines in countless ways (menus, buttons, fonts, where prefs are stored, etc). This is yet another indication that the developers of the app have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

I will never buy from HDtracks again.

i buy from HDTracks every week - have not had a problem in at least a year. OS X 10.10 DP.

I'm having the same exact problem. After several emails attempts there is no response back from HDtrks. I have not been able to download a track from this site in over a year. At first I thought the problem was with the new Jriver downloader but having no problems downloading tracks from other site's who also use the Jriver downloader leads me to believe the problem may lye with HDtrks.

Very interesting - I wonder why some of us have no problems at all, while others can't seem to complete a single purchase successfully :/

• 1 month later...
I have a ALWAYS had trouble downloading from HDTracks. The whole process reminds me of a clunky 1990's website.

Since many of the hi-res sites (including HDTracks) now use the same download manager (from JRiver), how is the HDTracks experience different? I download from them weekly and have not had a problem in at least a year.