IGNORED

Append play count to tracks from tracks

I've been using Doug's Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks more and more; it is so so wonderful as I replace albums with newer remasters or box sets that include previous albums, for which I want to copy play count, ratings, etc. I was thinking an append play count from tracks would be very useful for the same reason – if I have play counts on a newer version of an album or inclusive box set, and want to add, rather than copy, counts. Not sure if an addendum to Copy Tag Info … would be possible, wouldn't clutter the UI, or if there's already a script out there.

Ah, I see. Not exactly append; merge. Indeed. I just do it manually, with the Add or Subtract Play Count script, when necessary.

Yes maybe add was a better term but merge is more clear. :) I too use add and subtract though when there are several tracks, another script would be quicker. I run from LaunchBar and for a while, maybe at least a year or a few, LaunchBar's window often doesn't hide so the script dialog appears behind it, though the 10 times I tried now, I couldn't get it to do that. Another reason why I was hoping for something easier. I suppose I could hack something. Maybe Doug's script stores the values as a property list and doing that might not be a lot of work if I make it simple to merely run script once to save, run again, and if there's a saved value and selection count is the same, merge.