IGNORED

The Mystery of the Dotted Circles

Since iTune 12 came out, I have from time to time had the problem of music in iTunes not syncing to my iDevices and the tracks affected are indicated in iTunes with grey dotted circles in list view. The affected tracks have been of all kinds but they can capriciously flip in and out of sync-ability. I have wiped and restored my iPhone more times than I care to recount. I have disabled music syncing and then re-synced. The problem goes away for a while and then it returns. I have called Apple support and, disappointingly, they have neither heard of this problem, nor do they have a handy tech document on it to refer to. However, when you Google for key terms, you can see that others suffer from the same problem. People seem to offer solutions, but they are all different solutions, most take a long time to implement, and, for me, none of them last.

To me this is intolerable. This is clearly buggy software that needs to be recognized as a problem publicly by Apple and Apple needs to announce what users should to (short of wiping their iPhones every few weeks). Every time there is an iTunes update, I hope to see some reference to this issue. With the update this week, I continue to be disappointed.

Does anyone have any more insight into this issue?