IGNORED

iCloud Download column in song view

Did the stupid thing and updated to the latest version of iTunes this morning and now I've got an "iCloud Download" column in song view. I can make it go away, but if I quit iTunes it reappears when I start it up again. Is there a way to banish this unneeded thing? I have about five purchased tracks; the rest are from CDs and other online purchases, so it's wasted space.

I've looked online but the information I've found for banishing it permanently is for older versions of iTunes and is no longer accurate. Am I doomed to see that stupid column for the rest of my iTunes using days? Help me, Obi Wan Kirknobi, you're my only* hope!

*well, maybe someone else knows, too? :D

This:

Latest iTunes Update Displays Purchased Content in the Cloud by Default

I'm pretty sure it's new in yesterday's update, but I don't have the previous version installed anywhere. I have confirmation that 12.1 still had the Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases option though.

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

I have Apple Music turned off and don't see the View menu options you describe, even after logging in and out of the iTunes store about half a dozen times. But the column seems to have magically disappeared overnight. I have no idea what happened but if it's gone, it's gone. Weird.

Many thanks for the assist, and for not banishing me for calling you "Obi Wan Kirknobi". :)