IGNORED

Apple Music Curation Similar To Jango Music

Hey gang. I did my own comparison tests of 15 streaming services (Rhapsody, Tidal, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Music, Jango, Slacker, Last FM, Torch, RDIO, Pandora, I Heart Radio, Milk Music, My Space Music, Songza)

Listened to one of them for a full day. Each one using same band or singer as the test subject. Minimum of 50 songs. Three rounds of this.

First cut, Spotify, RDIO and Pandora never even made it. Elimination reasons being, not enough variety, too many repeated songs, too many songs by one artist, straying too far off the genre...

3rd Place is Slacker. Being Canadian born one of the tests was a Canadian band to see how they handled them. Decent mix came back from Slacker.

So far tied for 1 and 2 is Apple Music and Jango.com... but an interesting phenomena is happening with them. They are mirroring each other. First 2 rounds they both played the same song first. Coincidence? Then they both played the same number of songs by the chosen band. Both stuck the same Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" song into a Ramones playlist. There are a few other similarities as well.

This brings up the point of, is Apple not curating it's own music but getting the songs from a huge archive service like Echo Nest or Gracenote? I know that Echo Nest feeds Spotify, RDIO and Pandora. Or is Jango somehow siphoning off from Apple?

I guess Apple is going to be my winner because of the best sound quality and ability to listen to full albums if I want.

My guess is that they're both using the same technology on the back end. I'd have expected Apple to leverage Genius, and they may also be using that.

I guess Apple and Jango use one that is radically different than all the other services? Because in my extensive tests these two were very different in their results compared. Positive for Apple Music though to me in that they stand apart.