IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

15 hours ago, Lobbster said:

I'm not sure if it's related to a USB connection issue with my DAC. I usually turn my DAC off when not in use, leave Sparky USBridge on. The last 2 days I've started the DAC and it doesn't seem to push a line level signal to the pre-amp. If I change input on the DAC to Toslink with SONOS, same result. If I reboot DAC on Toslink, everything works normal and I can switch back to USB and Sparky works fine.

I'm using a LH Labs Pulse X Infinity with LPS4 and split USB cable with power leg going to LPS4. Everything registers fine on Roon. Maybe a handshake problem on reconnect? Not sure if it's related to the solid red LED and Sparky freezing.

If I understand correctly , once your DAC is off , on reboot (connected to USBridge) its not playing (USBridge or Sonos) . If you reboot on Sonos/Spdif it works .

Seems to me there is a problem on the DAC USB , but maybe Dan has a workaround.

Native DSD was tested and working since ver 156.

256 Native was tested and working on all  DACs with one exception ...Mytek Brooklyn .  (combo384  , IFI , Mqa , all tested working)

512 Native was tested with success on a few DACs but at this time we wont guarantee it.

Ethernet to USB dongle  will allow more bandwidth  . Everyone that ordered prior to 1-Oct will get a free unit sent to them. Please wait until the end of the month as we have placed an order with the manufacturer on a Axis Usb3-Gb Ethernet dongle (best bandwith Sparky)

New image GUI will be released before the end of the week . Thx you all  , for you patience .

17 hours ago, volpone said:

Thank you.

You won't garanteed DSD512 because Ethernet bandwith limitations ?

On which DSD 512 DAC's did you succeed (for example) ?

Future Sparky SBC release will integrate Axis Usb3-Gb Ethernet chip or we have to use the external dongle ? 

Frankly DSD 512 is a bit problematic . Its not a question of bandwidth , its a question of interaction betwen linux kernel , software used and firmware of the USB Dac input. As such we wont guarantee it.

We have multiple reports of dsd 512 native working fine , we will give more details soon.

You need to use an external dongle if you want to experiment with 512.

For PCM384Khz/ native DSD256 , external dongle is not necessary. Native Ethernet (from Sparky) and USB output (usbridge)  will give you that capability.

New GUI images will be released , we will keep working and updating the software on a regular basis .

17 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Sorry, I don't understand this.

Where will the Ethernet to USB dongle come in here? The USBridge takes an ethernet input from your network and then has a USB output to the DAC correct? So where does the Ethernet to USB dongle come into play?

Native ethernet on USBridge works at about 60Mbs. Depending on DSD rates , its possible to be close the the maximum and have packets drop and other errors that will affect the sound reproduction.

By using a Ethernet to USB dongle , we achieved 600 Mbs of transfer (usb 3 from Sparky) or 260 Mbs on USB 2.0 (Sparky) . Thats more than enough for anything that you might need.

7 minutes ago, volpone said:

Hi @allo.com

Why Ethernet / USB dongle a separate buy after 1-oct and free of charge before ?

Thank you ...

We droped the price on the USBridge to 150$. We hope to expand further the market for the USBridge since every audio system (with USB ) needs one.

We also think that most people only need 384Khz/DSD 256 and it can do without dongle.

Image released .

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8868

All existing users, who tried the previous testing images, should re-write the new image to match official release.
I'll continue to support the images and web interface, applying updates/fixes through DietPi.

Changes since the last images:

• GENERAL: Auto swapfile size generation on first boot.

• GENERAL: NetData and Samba file-server now installed by default. Samba can be used to easily transfer music to MPD/O!MPD directory.

• MPD SETTINGS PAGE: Added ability to set "Native" output frequency and bit depth. Source format will match output format.

• STATUS PAGE: Added ability to launch the NetData web interface.

18 hours ago, ttimon said:

Nothing in particular.

Just understand that new kernel means new hardware (like usb3 to ethernet  etc.), security but also sound features updated.

Looks that Sparky stack on 3.10, while world is using 4.X...which question a little sparky as future-proof platform. 

Kernel upgrade is being worked on , but its a community effort and as such there is no telling when it will be ready.

Meanwhile Dan from DietPi and allo  team , we are working on making the DietPI GUI version , rock solid. I think the new image is already stable and we will continue supporting and upgrading every component .

New upgrades will be available  soon.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@Allo, any plans to release Sparky with updated gigabit Ethernet to support higher DSD speeds with out using external USB dongle?

Edit: Also, any update on the aluminum case for Sparky USBridge and RPi3 with Kali and Piano combination.

We plan on releasing a new USBridge...but without  the SBC. You can use any SBC on the market or your laptop .