IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Upsamplig to 256 DSD with Amanero interfase (DAC Max), Native Mode, really really great sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sorted the upsampling problem found by H-man by turning on Headroom - play - stop -turn off headroom - turn on SRC 7th Order Linear Phase- play - Voila!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

1 hour ago, jtwrace said:

Can you share the directions in updating the OS?  I've never done it and would like to do it now.  I can use Mac or W10.  

I don´t have an eMMC adapter so i remove it  from the sparky and write the new version in a Class 10 Micro SD 16 GB 

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9#p9

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

1 minute ago, jtwrace said:

Removed what?

The eMMC memory is under the HDMI connector in the sparky

Just now, jtwrace said:

Then where will that fit?

To write the new Dietpi version on eMMC memory card you need an adapter MTkxNkIzRTAwMENBREFDNEUyM0I6YTFhODk1ODQ4

3 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Oh geez.  Where does one get one of those adapters?  What's it called?  

I don't have one, but you can just remove the eMMC memory card  and write the new version on a micro SD card, the sparky can boot from micro SD or eMMC

2 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Isn't that the thing that comes with the kit?  

The eMMC card comes with the kit, but the eMMC to usb adapter don't

3 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Why can't I use the eMMC adapter that comes with the kit?  Then overwrite the new OS to the current card that I've removed from under the HDMI port?

If you have the adapter the write the new dietpi version on the eMMC card an reinstall it

1 minute ago, jtwrace said:

@H-Man where do I find the img file?  I have the .7z file but don't see where I find the img file that the directions say I need to write.

You need to unpack the 7z file, you can use keka winrar or 7zip for that

The sound on the updated sparky is extraordinaire!!!!!!

I'm going to wait for the aluminium case and buy another one for my office system, yes the process is not simple and some knowledge needed but, is not that hard it took me about 30 minutes. I hope the next release will be better

59aa08461f3ae_Capturadepantalla2017-09-01ala(s)8_23_42p.m..thumb.png.ab1b42f286681ec761f1a14f30fa85d0.png

Now testing on Gustard X20 Xmos Usb, Native mode working

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Daniel Knight said:

Hi All,

Allo Web GUI v2 is now available!

Please see link below, for instructions on how to update and the full changelog:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=9218#p9218

alloguiv2.png

The new GMRender is working with Audirvana!!!!!

But.....

Max sample rate is 192 Khz and No DSD

1 minute ago, Daniel Knight said:

Hi,

This may be a limitation with GMRender or the DLNA player software used. Are you able to achieve higher output frequencies with Shairport-sync/MPD/Roon ?

Roon and HQPlayer, works at 384 Khz and DSD 256, with my Gustard X20 Dac 

GMRender is now working at 192 Khz and DSD 64, For DSD to work just be sure volumen is at 100% in Audirvana.

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, tboooe said:

More issues....now I am not getting any sound from the USBrigde.  I have verified that my system works with my original NAA pc but with the USBridge I get no volume.  HQP sees it on my network as an NAA, From the netdata page I see network traffic indicating that the music is being sent to the USBridge.  On my SU-1, all 3 lights are lite so that seems to indicate that its getting data from the USBridge but still no sound.  Any ideas?

ssh to your sparky with root password dietpi

run alsamixer

check if your SU-1 is mutted

42 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you...I am going to need to refresh my memory on unix.  Can you please be more specific?  I can putty into the Sparky but not sure what to type after that.  How can I tell if the SU-1 is muted?

if you have a Mac you can access it via terminal, with a PC you have to install Putty: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204404604/using-ssh-in-putty-

In your terminal window type:

ssh root@dietpi
Password = dietpi

Once your logged in SSH into diet pi type the command:
alsamixer

2 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you. How can I tell if the SU-1 is muted once I type alsamixer?

when in  alsamixer 5a8f757b3f22b_Capturadepantalla2018-02-22ala(s)7_59_00p.m..thumb.png.e7f2460170af988fcf34505aa805a11f.png press m 

Maybe the problem is not the sparky, the stutter can be caused if the machine running HQplayer doesn't have the CPU power to run the oversampling to DSD 512

Network performance is a problem on the sparky

5a903941956aa_Capturadepantalla2018-02-23ala(s)9_54_13a.m..thumb.png.7a881aea8a93582767b6209aa39ed4e2.png