IGNORED

New Sergeant Pepper remaster and ripping accuracy

I just got the Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band remaster Deluxe 4CD and DVD set. Giles Martin remaster.

So, Im getting ready to Rip the 2 channel mix using XLD and was wondering, what is XLD using in the CD database to compare Rip Accuracy to as this just was released?  And, I am hoping that it does not detect errors simply because the new remaster is different than whatever version they have in their database.

For that matter, this probably applies to any Mofi etc remastering sessions.  To accurately assess the rip, does that not depend on a perfect copy in the database to compare to? For a new release, how do I know they actually have it already in said database?

and yes...I realize I am exposing my ignorance to the ripping algorithms.  Help

Thanks

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

Well-when I inserted the new stereo mix, DISC 1, it came up with "Sergeant peppers lonely hearts club band (Mono)".  And in searching all the metadata options, I don't see one that clearly labels the new remaster, or the correct year-so I don't know how to choose the correct comparison or if there actually is one in their database. -I don't readily see it there. 

So, hence the problem. It doesn't appear to be comparing apples to apples. 

Additionally --in the interest of learning, What does XLD do for the very first person who tries to rip the remaster?   What then happens, that first time, when XLD detects errors?? Does it correct them, or simply accept that this is the new version and save that new version for comparison for other people's reps? 

Im assuming it later looks at all rips for a given CD and if they are all equal they set that as standard??

IMG_9011.JPG

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

I got it off amazon. 

4cds, DVD and Bluray

I still have no way of knowing if XLD  is comparing it to other reps of the new CD release. Despite trying various databases. 

It doesn't look like it changed anything or found any errors in the ripping report though