IGNORED

Article: The Music In Me: Rap of History Backwards The

On 7/9/2017 at 3:29 PM, LarryMagoo said:

Rap is still not music....

Early rap looks like they are having fun ... there are different kinds of music: These are the first 2 released rap songs:

One of the first released rap songs:

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 5:33 PM, DRB100 said:

That's where the music industry has failed.  They have brainwashed people like yourself to hold entertainers higher than a musician.  That's immaturity.  It's not about shaking one's ass on stage as musical.  It's just selling sex to perverts.  Because she's essentially selling sex which is why you liked the show.  She's made up to look attractive by her clothing, make up and her seductive dancing.  But imagine if she was butt ugly, had clothing that was not sudictive and she just stood there and they had no dance production?  Trust me, you wouldn't have liked it and you would have walked.   Selling sex with a dance oriented show isn't exactly music of high quality as there is little to no musicianship involved.  That's why the RIAA to me is garbage.  It's not about the music, it's about the show.   F that. That's bullshit.  

Is this a new rap song? Dude with all these words you are writing, if you've got delivery there's a new sub-genre ...

For your own sanity, take the other (chill) pill ...

Really brief music theory concerning rap:

European music => melody focused

African music => (complex) rhythm focused

Jazz => blend of melody & complex rhythm 

Rock => simplify rhythm

Rap => simplify or eliminate melody -- it's all about the rhythm of the words

Instruments = 2 turntables & microphone

43 minutes ago, LarryMagoo said:

If you cannot Hum it ...it's not music...The only test I need...Rap's not music!  Plain and simple!

Schoenberg was similarly criticized

Listen to what you like

14 minutes ago, DRB100 said:

As far as this song, to me, the target audience is younger audience with an age group between 15 and 25.  Not much depth to the song, it's a little fad based for my taste and the rap detracts from the melody of the song and that's the problem with rapping.  There's typically no melody to it and many of us want to hear a freaking melody.

You may not prefer Schoenberg nor Bartok either... that's okay ;) 

14 minutes ago, DRB100 said:

Take 10 drummers and put them all on the exact same drum set, give them a written score and each of them will play it differently based on each drummers' FEEL, EXPRESSION, INTERPRETATION of the written score.  How do you program the FEEL and EXPRESSION and INTERPRETATION of a drummer?    

If one knows the playing style of a particular drummer, they can tell who the drummer is by listening to the performance.

Replace "drummer" with "rapper" and realize that nor is the rap computer programmed :cool: 

In any case there is "post modern classical" music or so-called "new music" which itself stretches the boundaries of traditional classical music more than rap, although since this is often composed by conservatory professors, it more regarded by classical music enthusiasts.