IGNORED

Munich High End Show 2017

3 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Sound Galleries room at Munich is limited by their speakers IMO. This was my impression from this morning. 

IMG_20170519_1045399.jpg

IMG_20170519_1046003.jpg

Considering the circumstances, a maximum of 30 watts of amplifier power, cardboard walls (no roomgain), a ~65dB noisefloor and constant ~10V voltage drops I felt theyre putting up a more then decent fight :-)

31 minutes ago, Nikhil said:

This is useful info.  There was something off today.

Yes, the funniest thing is the show rules are you're allowed to generate a maximum sound level of 75dB in these porta cabins giving you a ~10dB dynamic range lol, i dont think there are many there following those rules to the letter :-)

18 minutes ago, Miska said:

At least in those atrium rooms many neighboring rooms were severely disturbing and spoiling other room's experience. Like I think Dali (the speaker manufacturer) was having some action movie stuff at realistic sound pressure levels with subwoofers and explosions with floor shaking in the neighboring room. Now try to listen to some small scale jazz in that kind of environment... :(

(not far away Marantz/Denon was also having some loud multichannel action movie shit going on)

Ascendo too! Luckily for their neighbours their monster 50" subwoofer was only displayed ?