IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

On 12/15/2017 at 10:05 PM, zettelsm said:

Outstanding customer service should be recognized:

I was having a problem with playing native files via my Sonore ultraRendu music streamer to my Playback Designs Merlot DAC. I could play DSD64 and DSD128 files via DoP, but since my DAC tops out at 384kHz PCM, the only way I could play my DSD256 files was by down-sampling them to DSD128 and using DoP.

I mentioned this not too long ago to Jesus R of Sonore, Andrew G of Small Green Computer, and Andreas Koch of Playback Designs and they began collaborating on a fix for the ultraRendu not playing DSD files natively via the ultraRendu.

Well, a half hour ago Jesus logged onto my network via TeamViewer and installed a firmware patch in the ultraRendu operating system.

I'm now able to play DSD all the way up to the capability of the DAC (DSD256) natively via Roon, Roon/HQPlayer and HQPlayer by itself.

This was a problem that had to affect only a tiny number of ultraRendu/Playback Designs Merlot DAC users, maybe only me. And it really wasn’t a big deal in the scheme of things. I could still play DSD files in their native resolution via DoP to DSD128, and play my handful of DSD256 files by down-sampling to DSD128, so it wasn’t like I couldn’t enjoy my music.

Not only did these three men take time out of their busy days to work this out, but instead of waiting until the next firmware update as he easily could have, Jesus took the time to install the patch on my ultraRendu and made sure I got it working. Yeah, you could say he needed to see if it would work and I was his beta tester, but still this kind of customer service is pretty rare outside of the small business/one man show-sized audio companies. And the one man shows have got to have the highest demands on the time of that one man of any business scenario.

I can’t speak highly enough of Jesus', Andrew’s and Andreas' customer service. Truly outstanding.

Steve Z

I spent a lot of time on these forums prior to making my decision of Sonore vs SOtM. Comments like these helped me make up my mind. My ultrarendu is shipping...hope to have it tomorrow. Moving from an Allo USBridge with IFI 9v PSB to Ultrarendu with Sbooster...hoping for big changes!

Cheers!

58 minutes ago, Chiller said:

I spent a lot of time on these forums prior to making my decision of Sonore vs SOtM. Comments like these helped me make up my mind. My ultrarendu is shipping...hope to have it tomorrow. Moving from an Allo USBridge with IFI 9v PSB to Ultrarendu with Sbooster...hoping for big changes!

Cheers!

edit - IFI is 5 VDC