IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

35 minutes ago, Confused said:

Yes, my LPS-1 is pretty hot, you can hold your hand on it and it does not burn, so nothing to worry about, but it's hot enough to make you think your hand might slowly cook.  My LPS-1 is also powering the USB input of a Mutec, so it's at the upper end of current draw.  

I agree that the 'side by side' configuration should be fine, heat rises.  So stacking is not so good.

Yes mine is hot too. It's certainly not warm! My mR is hot also, but all seems to be working fine and sounding rather good at the moment I must say. My iFi 9v/2a is nowhere near as hot as the LPS..

4 minutes ago, rlow said:

I've read there are some possible concerns energizing the LPS-1 with the iFi 9v/2a (running very hot). Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but the Meanwell they sell with the LPS-1 seems to be more recommended by Uptone...believe I saw that in the Uptone/LPS-1 thread..

Yes ive read those too. I have the meanwell and had been using it from the start. But someone suggested the iFi to help with a problem I had of the system being a little bright. The iFi seemed to improve things. I'll see how it goes and change back ar some point, see if it's all in my head..?

9 hours ago, rlow said:

The whole point of the LPS-1 design is that it's output is completely isolated from the energizing power supply, so I can't see how that would make a difference in SQ unless you took the iFi away from something else in the signal chain...

At anyrate I will cut this here, since this is a thread about the ultraRendu, not the LPS-1.

Agreed ??

21 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Disagree. Price is set based on what you think marked is willing to pay, and a look at competing companies.

As suggested before. Lower the price on MicroRendu and let this one replace, or stay below $700. 

Anyway. Just my thaughts. 

Looking forward to listing impressions, and comparisons against the Korean. 

The price of $875 is approximately the price of the mR in the U.K at the moment in £'s. It's when you add import duty etc. that it becomes rather higher. That was my point from my perspective. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.

2 hours ago, zegel said:

Will the Utrarendu be available for us loyal Europeans from Vortexbox UK from the start of the shipping moment? Or, when will it be made available ( to avoid the import tax as I had to pay with the micorendu and ultracaps sourced from the USA)

+1