IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

Hi,

What is expected  to sound better in each of following 2 scenarios. I have approx £600-700 to spend on new streaming solution. Already have chord mojo.

For now looking at.

1. micro rendu

2. Iso regeneration & mac mini

If i can afford a bit more or looking at upgrade later.. (Essentially here question is which benefits more from LPS1?)

1. Microrendu & Lps1

2 Iso regen & Lps1 & mac mini

I think I'd prefer mac mini (or nuc or some kind) so I can switch seamlessly between spotify and roon. Having to change mode in microrendu  puts me off. So ISO regeneration provide equal/better SQ as microrendu to standard pc then would suit me better.

Thanks for any insight.

19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Well, what if Roon supports Spotify ?

What are you using today. And why not considder SonicTransporter?

As good as Roon is, it's not as user freindly as spotify app for discovering new artists and I love the personalised play lists. Spotify connect or tidal over chromecast is far more immediate and accessible than roon. There is a weird disconnect in roon using tidal between tidal library and roon library. I currently use a chromecast for tidal/spotify/tunein and also have a Roon license but need a new living room friendly PC for it. The sound via chromecast optical is good but not as good as over usb from pc. My ideal would probably be a unit that allows "casting/connect" of spotify lossless and tunein. I tend to prefer the native apps than the generic ones. I have a sonos connect too and found the spotify integration on that poor. I think they are doing spotify connect now too but like the chromecast it's not as good SQ as via my pc.

Sonic transporter is basically microrendu right with lower SQ? How does it help?