IGNORED

My Essential Classical Albums.

On 6/6/2017 at 1:24 PM, Musicophile said:

The difference between piano and harpsichord goes much deeper than the sound.

I agree.  I love the harpsichord, but I find very few recordings that I like.  It must be a lot more difficult to mic properly than piano.  In most ensemble pieces the harpsichord is far too recessed compared to the other instruments.  If you play both piano and harpsichord, I think you will fall in love with both of them for different reasons.  They are both beautiful, like blond and brunette.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I was listening to Tchaikovsky PC No 1 by Argerich - Kondrashin and I realized I'd like to have some alternative performances of this composition. Is there anything else by Tchaikovsky that I should check out, guys? Counting on your recommendations.

Just alternative performances of PC No 1 or other works composed by Tchaikovsky?  One of my favorite pieces is his Violin Concerto in D Major performed by Hilary Hahn.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's