IGNORED

Interesting changes at Qobuz

If your interest is mostly classical music, Sublime+ may be disappointing.

I naively upgraded my Sublime account to Sublime+, hoping that the 210 Euro pro-rated price would offer broad access to much more hi-res music. Too many of the smaller innovative labels only allow 16/44--or MPEG--samples, or brief 30 second tastes of the hi-res files they sell, even after the upgrade.  In the past, I had been buying hi-res files after auditioning the lower resolution files.  I almost always buy complete albums--at least 100 albums in the last year. Sublime+ may be a good buy for the popular music customer, but almost a waste of money for me--and my first negative as Qobuz customer.

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

By no means a compilation, but here's a random list of labels,  as I have encountered them, that do not steam hi-res with Sublime+:

Berlin Classics, Naxos, Chandos, Granola, Grand Piano, Toccata Classics, BIS, Glossa, Oehms, BR-Klassik,

Pentatone, Genuin, Channel Classics.... (This list from idle browsing in Qobuz last weekend.)

On the positive side, it is wonderful to have hi-res streaming from the Big Three and great labels like Harmonia Mundi and Alpha, to name a few. 

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera