IGNORED

Audirvana 3 - Library and GUI

Nico

I am A+ User since V. 1, now upgraded to 3.0.3.

Now imported a library which is very well tagged with Yate and now I get the following message every time I change track. How can I stop this issue? This happens without any commands from my side before (just importing lib). In list view, information to the right open.

Discard.jpg

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

22 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

i have that message when i edit a song info and did not do Command S or save it at the bottom first...

If you have that everytime a song change in your playing list, that is annoying  :-)

I'm sure your application is copied in the Applications folder of the MAC?

Yes, I had an older version of A+ in the app folder. Removing this one did not help, but removing the preference file of A+ did the fix. Thanks for help!

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

@Damien

About the playque of 3.0.3:

Sometimes playing track is not bold

Multiple tracks are all bold, not just the one that's playing

Thanks for fixing

NoneBold.jpg

PQ-Multiple Bold.jpg

26 minutes ago, Nico said:

Yes, I had an older version of A+ in the app folder. Removing this one did not help, but removing the preference file of A+ did the fix. Thanks for help!

Unfortunately the issue comes back after change of Album-Artist by external Tagging. I suppose the reason is because A+ wants to write his own calculated Album-Artist.

The issue even comes back if I write the values A+ would write.

I wish A+ would just read tags and not try to write unasked.

unwanted changes.jpg

51 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

change your album artists in the view Menu of A+...

This tells me that A+ doesn't accept external tagging (?). Never had problems with A+ and Yate until V. 2.6.

Now A+ would like to make changes on my files if TrackNr out of ... is not complete. I have thousends of these :-(

TrackNr..jpg

I now figured out why A+ want's to make so many changes to my library: It happens when Track# and out of# is not complete.

Solution: Fill both fields or empty both fields. A value in just 1 field is not accepted.

BTW: Has nothing to do with album artist, upper comments I posted yesterday about this are wrong - sorry.

TrackNr..jpg

unwanted changes.jpg

52 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Just fixed this for Mavericks.

I can send you a test build in a few minutes (it also contains the updated SysOptimizer).

Yes please, that would be nice.

@damien78 Music folders display in User Pref. is fixed. Thanks.

SysOptimizer works fine for Spotlight (reenable after 1 Min.)

Time Maschine: I don't no for sure because I don't work with TM. But I can open TM while SysOptimizer in ON.

SysOptimizer: After every re-enable indexing starts all over again for whole Mac (about 12 Min. 100% CPU). Is this a normal behavier?

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Try using the term "sudo" (without quotes) before your commands.  The first time it will ask for a password.  Enter your password for the Mac.

Thanks Jud, the sudo job worked in Terminal, but unfortunately the Spotlight issue is still not resolved. Until a solution works I have to abandon SysOptimizer :-(

Request for PlayQueue

Would be nice to have the choice by User Preference:

1) A+ opens with last (saved) Playqueue (actual behaviour)

2) A+ opens with empty Playqueue (new)

Secound option helps a lot if working with tracks not saved in library (added by drag & drop)

On 2. April 2017 at 0:19 PM, Nico said:

@damien78: Playlist Import Bug in 3.0.3.1

Multiple Tracks in playlists (m3u8) are not imported. Just ONE identical track.

TrippleTracks.jpg

A+ 3.0.4 is out ... unfortunately reported playlist import bug is not fixed :-(

On 29. März 2017 at 5:49 PM, Nico said:

I now figured out why A+ want's to make so many changes to my library: It happens when Track# and out of# is not complete.

Solution: Fill both fields or empty both fields. A value in just 1 field is not accepted.

BTW: Has nothing to do with album artist, upper comments I posted yesterday about this are wrong - sorry.

TrackNr..jpg

unwanted changes.jpg

More precise:

A+ 3.0.4 is not satisfied if Track# is empty and out of# is not empty. Then you have the Discard message every time you change track in list view while Track Details window is open.

Same behaviour with Disc# and out of#.

I wish A+ would just read and show tags how they exist in file, nothing more.

On 28. März 2017 at 4:16 PM, Nico said:

@Damien

About the playque of 3.0.3:

Sometimes playing track is not bold

Multiple tracks are all bold, not just the one that's playing

Thanks for fixing

NoneBold.jpg

PQ-Multiple Bold.jpg

A+3.0.5 is out now. Unfortunately these Play Queue issues are not fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5. April 2017 at 10:54 PM, Nico said:

A+ 3.0.4 is out ... unfortunately reported playlist import bug is not fixed :-(

A+ 3.0.6 is out now ... unfortunately reported playlist import bug is still not fixed.

A+ error message is wrong: all 3 tracks are in the library but they just are multiple existing tracks in playlist.

@damien78

3.0.6 Structured Filter Browser: First letter shortcut within filters are no more activ. User has to scroll down the list, which is tedious. (This feature was present in 2.5.4)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hyperlink behavior:

I never use Album view, I always work in list view. But hyperlink of artists forces me to album view.

@Damien, please allow the option for leading to album view or list view. Thanks.

My goal: Hyperlink on artist lists all tracks of this artist (just like itunes can do it)

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know how to display the playing tracks information on a second monitor or an iPad? With big letters of course.