IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

Yes, it does look like the Bifrost. It said Yggdrasil and Ragnarok in the equipment list, but no Ragnarok was in sight.

Very impressive clarity for such an inexpensive system. Ironically, the $2.9k Salk3 towers in the Schiit room sounded much better than the Exoticas in the Salk room. For those of you guys who don't believe in / care about soundstage depth would be very impressed by it. I fear it would end up being fatiguing though, but that's just an unfounded opinion, no way to know that for sure unless you listen to it for a length of time. I don't even to qualify that with "for the price". Criticism is that the system may lack some body / heft.

20170422_140559.thumb.jpg.54a9ac8e7e893bb62041114fae36ece1.jpg

20170422_104540_HDR.thumb.jpg.a104633ea3ed0e6424b67215668ab9f1.jpg

In my researched opinion, it seems that depth comes down to linearity of the amp and speaker load and room interaction. Basically, a highly linear amp (like a SET) running speakers that don't brutalize the signal / time signals through their crossover network is the key. Unless the room is treated to block destructive modes you won't hear it either. So, my Zu Omen Mk.IIs with it's high end caps and silver wiring struggle to display ANY depth of stage -- almost none. But my Fritz Carbon VII SEs with a direct cap less crossover has much more depth rendering capability. Those same Carbon VIIs on the class D amp (D-Sonic, Pascal-based) had their soundstage almost completely crushed.

24 minutes ago, bigbob said:

The Chinese recording is 16/44, and the 'I Get A Kick' is 24/192... maybe there is something to high resolution recordings. That is the difference I heard...

In regards to soundstage, how did they differ in your system?