IGNORED

LKS AUDIO MH-DA004

Thanks for the feedback ! I bought this dac after carefully studying all the input in this forum and one other and decided to keep it after comparing it to the basic sytem i have and the T+A. The information here was very useful and "spot on" !

My new stereo is so nice sounding now, that i am even getting curious: is there a dac out there that will add even significant better quality to my system? I would be very curious to test a very expensive dac besides the LKS004, like a Nagra or so...  just to see how far one can reasonably go.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

got my new Marantz SA-10 cd player with dac, a 7k€ player, and of course that lead to a shoot-out :  cd in the marantz vs cd ripped on the bluevault2, playing over the LKS...

I hoped the marantz would win, and to sell my LKS.

Nope: the LKS is still slightly better , more detailed, more depth and space.

Hmmm, will be hard to beat this LKS!

streaming the bluevault2 over  the marantz and over the LKS:  in 44.1 as well as in 96 the LKS wins too.

have a nice day! 

• 5 months later...

Thanks for your input! But i think the owners are not surprised at all by your experience. It is a bit amazing that this dac is still so unknown.

if it beats the T&A (6000 euros) and outprforms slightly the dac of my SA10 marantz, it seems to me a nobrainer for anyone looking for a nice DAC.  1/3 of the price of its competers!