IGNORED

LKS AUDIO MH-DA004

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, helloharry said:

I am not an owner of MH-004A, but believe it uses Amanero combo384 USB-I2S/DSD board.

First, update its firmware to the latest 2003be_71A.  The instruction is given on Amanero's site for oemtool117.

To the best of my knowledge, Audirvana+ 3.1 with its new feature of making an DLNA renderer as its output brings the best sound quality.  You can play DSD512 native in combination with combo384, if you set up a Linux DLNA renderer additionally.  I have already tested this in my environment.

Otherwise, Mac USB output plays DoP only.

2 hours ago, helloharry said:

What frustrated me is the noise I keep experiencing with this new dac, i keep getting these static like noise at the beginning of a track, and flushes of white noise for a few seconds.

Unless you update the firmware to 2003be_71A as I indicated, I am afraid USB-100 (= the same Amanero chip inside) will give the same result.  I am its user.  See my posts in USB-100 thread for the pins for firmware update.
I suggest you update the firmware of both MH-DA004 and USB-100 with a Windows PC before you start trying or investing for anything new.

De-emphasis function is not intended to be used like this.  It is for CDs with emphasis which could be seen in the very early days of CD.

DoP volume control on the player software does not work theoretically.  It must be bit-perfect at the input point of a USB-DAC/DDC.  Otherwise the USB-DAC/DDC cannot judge whether it is a genuine PCM or a wrapped DSD.

And try A+ 3.1 with DLNA renderer output.  It really brings you a different world.

In addition, you have to specify the output specifications manually for DLNA renderer output, which may solve your issue automatically.  You can send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not own MH-DA004.  However, all the Amanero boards look similar.

I uploaded a correct link (at least correct as of today) for USB-100 in its thread here in CA.

A Google search for image "combo384 lks" shows lots of pictures.

For example, you see under this link x3 contacts, one of which is a rectangle.

Use the this rectangle pin and its adjacent round one among x3 contacts.

1_78_1.jpg