IGNORED

iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Computer Audio

299 is a very fair price. For the wolrd's first USB 3 galvanic isolator 499 would be fully justified as well. I am quite astonished, not to say sceptical, that this can be really true. Maybe iFi is not sure themself that the unit is 100% compatible. Intona spent some time and several firmware updates to get it working, and that was only USB2. There is also another USB 2 galvanic isolator called Alldaq (Google it), smaller nice metal box, a bit cheaper, and even has power input. But the first series failed and had to be recalled due to compatibility problems (surprise).

That said I hope the iFi will do what we all hope - just work!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posted on March 17:

When operating from a USB3.0 or higher port, the iGalvanic3.0 can deliver up to 900mA iolsted low-noise power.

I don't see why the USB 2 out port should be limited to 500 mA, when the unit can easily provide 900 mA. That would be a stupid and real-world usage/operation ignoring restriction. Everybody can and does pull up to 900 mA from USB 2 ports, since years. And looking at the iGalvanic manual, there is zero mentioning that the USB2 part is limited to 500 mA.

So are you all posting theories or is there any proof available?

> $368 refers to an offer on Amazon for deliveries prior to August 25

You meant orders, right? There is nothing to deliver right now. And that Amazon offer, limited to com, was missed by most customers, especially ones not ordering at com but in their own country. I was following this thread a long time but simply feel betrayed now...

I don't get it. Unavailable at amazon.com. Couldn't care less, as for me Amazon UK and Amazon Germany are relevant, nothing else. Not even listed with these two! And the official German dealers have no clue either. For me the Launch bundle is just Fake News, and the whole half year long introduction  (299...) just a scam!