IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

45 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

I was reading today's Darko article on Audirvana streaming and wanted to know if this software can read music (FLAC) files from a NAS drive?  I would assume so but didn't see mention of it in the manualor anywhere else.

If your Mac can mount it as a drive, then yes.

For example, I have a Synology Diskstation (NAS) - I can browse to the "Music" folder on the NAS and select it for monitoring.  Any new music I add to the Music folder on the NAS automatically shows up in Audirvana.

I will say it's awfully slow, at least on my network and with my 100k+ files.  Takes a few minutes to select the folder in the first place, then an hour or more to populate the database the first time.  I certainly have better results with storing my music locally; i.e., on the same Mac on which Audirvana is installed.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Krutsch said:

Hmmm... I am having so many other problems with Mojave, that I am restoring a Time Machine backup to my last, good High Sierra backup. For example, any attempt to change *any* audio settings was crashing the Finder and returning me to the Login screen.

I also tried BitPerfect and noticed similar behavior - none of my audio devices appeared in the selection drop-down (not even the Internal Speakers option). I am guessing that a last minute change to Mojave broke something with audio devices.

You would think I’d have learned by now not to update to a major release on initial launch.

Sorry you're having problems - I've been on Mojave since Beta 1, and no issues whatsoever (other than the one with Roon needing to be granted "accessibility" because of the new security controls).

Roon, Audirvana, etc. - all working fine.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system