IGNORED

Iso regen

Thanks for the information, Alex. However, I'm confused by this.

So while if you power both devices with a single LPS-1 you do lose the galvanic isolation--between the output of the mR and the output of the ISO REGEN--they are still isolated from the rest of the system.

Between output of mR and output of ISO regen? I thought it's between the output of mR and input of ISO regen and could you please explain a little bit more why the galvanic isolation is lost by doing this.

BTW, when I saw you connecting mR and ISO-regen together, I was thinking about maybe Alex is suggesting connecting Uptone regen and ISO-regen together would yield better performance :P (Just joking).

I'm having Intona + Sbooster vbus2 + Uptone regen in my system right now, can't wait for the ISO REGEN.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

Alex,

I'm going to be politically incorrect, and ask you this outright.

I currently use an Intona + RUR (powered by LPS-1) combo. If I were to replace with an ISO-Regen (powered by LPS-1), would I be a happy camper?

Note: I do NOT use an mR. I currently have the Aries Mini, but assume I'll be driving with an sMS-200 (powered by another LPS-1).

sMS-200 is somehow similar to mR. So back to Alex previous comment. (not ISO'regen's main target market).

Alex did reply to me before regarding Intona and Uptone regen compared to ISO-regen, as he commented previously in this thread. ISO-regen will rule them all. All we can do now is to wait.

P.S. Off the topic, I see you using Vbus2 in front of W4S RUR, but W4S RUR needs 5V Vbus power, doesn't' it? My chain is very similar to yours except I use Uptone regen while you use W4S RUR.

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

we should stop using the term "galvanic isolation" for what the LPS-1 does and what the ISO REGEN does.

Thanks John for the detailed explanation.

So what do we lose if we power both iso-regen and microrendu from a single LPS-1? Any ground loop being added by doing this, which caused the brake of galvanic isolation as Alex mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

One task of my daily routine: refresh Uptone's website page from time to time to check whether ISO REGEN pre-order page is online. :D

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Y?  Does Amazon not deliver where you are?

It would just confuse people.  I'd get piles of e-mail asking what they are supposed to do with such a cord.  The ISO REGEN is a USB device.  The power choices are manifold.

P.S.  We will have a nice surprise for everyone. It will be revealed when the ISO REGEN web page is up and I start a new thread with everything announced.   Hint: Something a lot of folks want will be coming "free" with every ISO REGEN!

Great news! LPS-1 will be free! hahahaha! :D Just joking.

I still can't help posting this.

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.91fde2613d3c82b403952b18ef1eb875.jpg

4 hours ago, SWL3600 said:

Right when I thought I was special.....:P

Looks like someone refreshes uptone's website page quite often. :D

+1

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.4cd8aa70e47edfef303dd80931aabf1a.jpg