IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Updating to hqplayerd_4.23.1-71 on intel. Unable to see config page after updating.

Troubleshooting included restarting the hqplayerd service. Repeatedly found:

● hqplayerd.service - HQPlayer Embedded daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hqplayerd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: inactive (dead) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-05-21 09:18:57 PDT; 8s ago
    Process: 2762 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hqplayerd (code=exited, status=127)
   Main PID: 2762 (code=exited, status=127)

Nothing found on the ubuntu help forums regarding getting a service started was working so autoremoved hqplayerd and re-installed fresh copy + all dependencies.

Now, typing hqplayerd -s '<username> <password>' results in the error:

error while loading shared libraries: librocfft.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

~$ sudo find / -name librocfft.so.0 finds the file at '/opt/rocm-4.2.0/lib/librocfft.so.0'

No idea if my problem is related to librocfft.so.0 but could someone assist or point me to a resource to help me figure out what is happening?

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

It is good to do "sudo apt install -f ; sudo apt autoremove --purge ; sudo apt clean" after the update...

Followed this advice, triple checked repository list, tried various alternatives, still no success. Web searches for "error while loading shared libraries" is a nice learning experience. Unfortunately, I'm unable to devote more time to this right now.

Reverted to hqplayerd_4.22.3-67_amd64 - Everything related to hqplayerd completely purged, "new" install succeeded on first attempt & running without issue.

Will survive listening to the fantastic poly-sinc-ext3 via modest PCM upsampling my M1 mini for now.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Miska said:

You only need the "nvidia" kernel device driver, nothing else.

Nvidia has meta package called "cuda-drivers", but I think it pulls in a lot of extra. But is still better option than pulling in entire thing. I think smallest thing you can install is "nvidia-dkms-470", but since they don't have a meta package, the downside is that you need to manually track for updates (from 470 branch onwards).

The device is used exclusively for HQPlayer purpose.

If running 20.04 Focal LTS server headless, would either the “nvidia-headless-470” or “nvidia-headless-no-dkms-470” be valid options to pull in less? Nvidia instructions say to download the NVIDIA CUDA toolkit as a “pre-installation action” but this I will skip.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:18 AM, Miska said:

You can also install nvidia-headless-470. But you need the dkms (drivers) at minimum.

nvidia-headless-470 pulls in:

nvidia-headless-no-dkms-470, nvidia-dkms-470

nvidia-headless-no-dkms-470 pulls in:

nvidia-kernel-source-470, libnvidia-compute-470, nvidia-compute-utils-470, libnvidia-cfg1-470

Of which the first one is useful with custom kernels while the other ones shouldn't be strictly needed but shouldn't hurt.

Thank you, Miska. As a Linux newbie I'd been seeking out step-by-step instruction online but this method was so much easier than all others I've used. Embedded version now on day 4 of continuously play as I put hours on a new DAC. Very large looping shuffle of DSD & PCM material with a wide variety of sample rates working perfectly.

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Ok. How do I do that via command line?

Just seeing this and can commiserate. I had the exact same error after purging the previous HQPlayer install and having hqplayerd alone pulling in dependencies.

Toward the end of the Ubuntu section on this page there is a command line instruction under the heading :

Note: To run the ROCm programs, add the ROCm binaries in your PATH

I was unable to locate similar instruction on the latest ROMm installation page (currently v4.5) but the documentation for ROCm v4.3 pulls in the most current version at this time.

ROCm has been such a consistent hassle I think I’ll stop doing a fresh install for each new HQPlayerd release for the foreseeable future.