IGNORED

audirvana Sierra issue

Neil

Hi guys, I have Audirvana v 1.5 maybe 1.57 and recently upgraded to Sierra on my Mac mini. I'm in ITunes integrated mode and now every time I select a track my Audirvana program just says that it's initializing but never loads the track , any ideas? I've tried reloading the license ( just in case it was a simple fix )

thanks

Neil

I hung on to Audirvana v. 1.5 for a long time, but you're pushing this to extremes I think. There's a certain compatibility between operating systems and software and seeing as how you're now on the most up-to-date OS, you should probably give serious consideration to updating the software as well. In fact, there's a bit of an incompatibility between Audirvana Plus 2.6 and Sierra (Direct Mode is currently not possible) meaning that many users are currently parked at El Capitan to compensate for this. Further advantages to upgrading are: Damien continues to update and improve 2.6 - not so for 1.5; some of those improvements include DSD conversion on the fly, a supported iOS app (somewhat akin to Apple's Remote app), and a database/library system that while not quite as slick as iTunes, allows one to bypass iTunes integrated mode thus (to my ears) improving overall audio performance. Just my two cents!