IGNORED

MQA technical analysis

mansr

So, does the blusound decoder include a renderer? Will it unfold a 24/48 file to 24/192? Since you have detected an activation bitsteam in the least significant bits, that implies that it is used to switch the renderer on and perhaps apply a specific filter profile. That last stage is of import to those of us with the PWM dacs that currently do not support blusound, since Roon can do the first unfold decode but not the final render with appropriately selected filter.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Given that Bob Stuart and Peter Craven have some ability to understand digital filters, can you make a guess as to why (if true) they elected to implement filters that are "poor and leak a lot."

My speculation is that because the aliased images are correlated to the audio signal they add to the signal power when noise-shaping. This would be a clever way to add correlated

HF to the decoded signal that wasn't explicitly encoded. It would be a cheat of sorts but that's why I reference that hearing is a stochastic process. What parts of the time-series harmonics do you need for adequate reproduction of impulses?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

The patent is, as patents are, written as opaquely as possible. It is also impossible to tell how, if at all, it relates to the actual process. I was responding to the statement I quoted about removing pre-ringing introduced by linear phase filters.

I'm reading it this weekend. Along with whatever else is referenced in the file wrapper. my best friend from college who is a DSP engineer is also reviewing it and we are going to discuss our conclusions. We may not be able to discern anything more, but I do have 20 years experience with reading into patent specs.