IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

It will be interesting to see which sounds better. Tidal App or Audirvana. Regardless of the outcome I'll be upgrading to A+ v3 as I feel v2.6.6 is the last of that series.

Yes, interesting, this (MQA) comparison. I am beta-testing Amarra 4. It sounds very good, but it's crashing all the time and no Tidal yet.

I'm happy to wait, I'm just curious about how long that will be. I'd rather wait that have something rushed.

There's a rule where I work, apart from absolute emergencies no new software is put live on a Friday. The same applies to holidays for a solo developer <grin>.

Agree, but inform you customers.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I think Damien and all other music player players in the field will have a big challenge because of the latest version of Roon. In combination with something like a mRendu is not only the most extensive and user friendly but also the best sounding player at this moment (if you don't like software based up-sampling that is). Not strange because there is a large team working on it. First being hesitant and a long time A+ adept, I now think Roon is a real revolution in music enjoyment and I can't see sole persons like Damien and Miska keep up.

In general the opinion is that Audirvana is having a better sound and soon they will support devices like mRendu too. And last but not least: it is quite expensive. So, if you don't need their library functionality, it is better to stay with Audirvana Plus.

Oh dear poor guy, I have a friend with exactly the same "problem", although I get the impression with my friends partner she just wants to "exercise her authority". If he set his speakers where he wants them and his TV it would actually make the room look quite nice, but she won't let him unless she decides to do it :-))

Some people just need to be in control

They call this the WAF, the Wife Acceptance Factor. Divorce is sadly the only solution if they don't want to listen.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yes! Getting the last feature, the new license management completed as of now. It uses a usual license key number instead of a license file.

The improved audio engine, and the MQA integration have been ready for weeks...

Damien

Hello Damien, is there any news from the front line? [emoji351]