IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

He definitely hawks his blog, on which he makes money through advertising, on other sites, including CA.

I looked up some of his posts and specifically for any threads he's created. Using his TEAC DAC review thread here at CA as an example.

So as I can best understand your side:

1. He's not even running his own domain name so he really has zero ability do do any significant SEO or other like.

2. He could have chosen better name that isn't going to get swamped by a Literary sorcerer.

3. I don't think it's feasible to do the amount of measuring and write up he's done and then directly input/replicate it to individual sites.

4. If he was really going to monetize he would register a domain name and probably start up a forum.

5. Given his blogs continuously low Alexa rating, well it leads me to doubting he's in it for the Ferrari.

I think his input outweighs any potential negative. I'm surprised that you feel this way with someone running a blogspot.com account.

I think the best thing to do is ask him to simply make him add his blog to his signature like any industry insider if that is your fear: Monetization.

There may be some behind the scenes that I'm missing.

Archimago also took an entire post from AS, a full html copy/past including images, links, footnotes, etc, and reproduced it on his site.

It took time, my time and our legal department's time, to get it taken down. This kind of behavior is for me, about the worst kind of behavior.

No one should ever do something like that without proper attribution. I have no problem with the copy/paste, just make sure to attribute it properly.

I do. He took my work, plain and simple, and used it to promote his work. It's called copyright infringement. "Fair Use" is another matter altogether and no one in their right mind thinks that "Fair Use" allows for the full re-print of someone's work in its entirety.

Fair use is contextually sensitive. I don't have enough information with which to do any assessment.

Mansr: Can this be located with the internet wayback machine?

You believe Fair Use allows for a complete re-print?

It certainly can. I just finished editing a 38,000 word paper on civil asset forfeiture starting with the 'All Writs' act and it's contribution to the U.S. revolutionary war to current times.

There are 208 citations. Some are complete works and then broken down and responded to. It's called direct quotation.

Word of advice: Don't get pulled over by the Police. If you even have $600 in cash they can simply take it away and you need to somehow prove it's not illicit.

What happened: Archimago copy and pasted the entire contents of a post on AudioStream for use on his site. It was taken down.

The rest of this back and forth is about two people who want to pretend that a) this is just fine, and b) I'm the bad guy in this scenario.

Not at all. If work isn't properly attributed you are 100% within your rights to have it removed.

As an example I'll point out that Ethan Winer went after Audioholics and started with DMCA take down requests of 2 of their YouTube channel videos.

The instant result was the videos challenged were immediately taken down. No questions, no rebuttal, no such thing as any mediation or other due process.

Gene DellaSala had to get his Attorney ($$) involved just to get the videos restored.

A few take away's:

1. It costs nothing for some one to file a complaint. Frivolous or otherwise.

2. It's three strikes and you're out at YouTube.

3. It costs money to even defend against the most merit-less of claims.

I wish take down requests would initially be fee based and you only get the fee back if your take down is upheld. If you use the system repeatedly the fee would increment.

By the way and direct quote from John Sully:

my questioning attitude finally got Michael to kick me off.

Seems par for the course.

I think that smart money is find out whom Michael has kicked off astream and have Chris invite and give them a platform at CA to debunk all the shit that streams forth from astream.

I LOVE this idea. I'll send chips for the first meeting.

I connected my AQ Vodka RJE and it came through in color. If you saw black and white it's just because you don't have high end enough gear or your eyes just aren't good enough. Plus look at all the $$ you saved by being 'normal'.

• 8 months later...