IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

I've already explained my reasoning in another response here. If you have a relevant question about that response, ask it. If you think I'm going to play defense to your offensiveness, think again.

I stand by my original prediction of a lack of any substantive back and forth. And the fragile ego observation as well.

I get it. You're just trying to make a living, right?

Point taken. Not sure I agree entirely. I think your posts can come off as pretty confrontational and aggressive at times , as well as several others who posted here. All good contributors, but it was clear to me this was driven by some animus and there seems to be the desire to give Michael a beat down. He's perfectly able to stand up for himself, but I just didn't think this was going to go anywhere because of all involved, not just Michael.

I may be wrong.

I'm not sure I completely disagree with your view here. This "desire" you observe is simply a reaction to the heavy handedness that elite audio reviewers enjoy in their protected spaces. IMHO, Mr. Lavorgna has not earned the respect that he believes he deserves. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't dispute some level of animus, but I wholeheartedly believe it is deserved. YMMV of course.

I will post a video interview with Juergen Reiss of MBL and John Atkinson next week that took place at CES. I'd recommend watching it since we talk about some related issues. I think you'll find it educational.

FYI - you are a very unpleasant person to communicate with. Or should I say to try to communicate with. If you cannot leave behind your personal insults and chest beating, I'm going to ignore you. And no, it's not because you ran 17k feet of cable, it's because you think you know more than you know. And you're arrogant about it.

As an IT professional myself with over 30 years experience, I would be more interested in a discussion on measured Bit Error Rate of "audiophile" grade Ethernet cables. What the cables "sound" like is subjective and meaningless.

That's a great question. After the MQA/Warner news became public, I called Warner and spoke to someone who went on record as "a company spokesperson". Here's their response that addresses this concern:

"WMG will continue to provide their distribution partners, like HDtracks, high-res PCM music."

...until they don't. This is not a commitment. It's marketing speak.

Do you believe hi-rez PCM files are the record companies' "crown jewels" and should be "protected" with tech like MQA?

Hmm. That's an interesting perspective and one I do not share.

Are you suggesting I should ignore the only source of valid information and instead listen to ... who? Your imagination?

Answer this question: Do you believe hi-rez PCM files are the record companies' "crown jewels" and should be "protected" with tech like MQA?

this is not correct - as robert harley admits it is about all this - the market, the "business case" around open market and formats vs. Closed formats. calling all this "conjecture" and "paranoid fantasies" is simply avoidance on your part - these are all current and future realities and are very important from a consumer standpoint as well as "the industry" (both those on $board$ with mqa and those who are not). It also allows you to hide - you can promote/hype mqa as "a product among products" and claim your standing on solid ground and others are "fantasizing". Nope, the mqa as "yet another sq product" is the fantasy. Mqa is today, which means all of jim's concerns are today....

this!

Do you know what "coy" means? I did not understand your question. Get over yourself already.

Do I believe that record labels should be able to limit piracy? Yes.

What does this have to do with anything?

Do you agree with Mr. Christlu? Yes or no?

This has everything to do with MQA marketing itself to record companies as DRM.