IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

is it allowed to publish details like personal phone number and email from someone else here on this forum?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

38 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

This one (the album, not the single track which is also out there in MQA) is a bit special, to the regard that it is presented as 88.2 but this is only its container. It is just 44.1 with no music content at all above 22.05.

I actually was disappointed that the single track one ("Electrified") was only this single track because that one is in a 44.1 container. And, because Yello - Toy also sounds so amazing and which is 48 (in 48 container) I hoped to find similarity.

Well #Yoda#, you just gave me that clue (I thought the Boris Blank was 88.2 because from the outside it looks like that).

FWIW... the actual 44.1kHz/24bit version is also available:

https://www.highresaudio.com/en/album/view/e8pwcd/boris-blank-electrified

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

41 minutes ago, FredericV said:

What is also interesting is in the first minutes he debunks the need for 32 bit and also has some reservations about 24 bit.

no, he does not. Timecode?

41 minutes ago, FredericV said:

At the same time, they are promoting a new 32bit fixed/192dB/352.8k DXD ADC and complete mastering workflow at their latest AES convention, while MQA encoding throws most of that away. In the video from Jaap, we actually learn that MQA is somewhere around 17 bits. So why capture in 32 bits 352.8K to keep an actual resolution of 17/88.2 (as DXD = 8x 44.1, they use 88.2 as first unfold for DXD) ?

Recording/Mastering/Processing/Encoding with headroom vs. Listening.

easy to understand even for a more or less clueless hobbyist like me...