IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

On 7/27/2017 at 0:59 AM, TopQuark said:

Does this unit even exists?  Well, he can custom build anything you want but with 3 simultaneous DR powered output, you will likely need a larger case to accommodate 3 rails with DR regulation. He's been working on a 4 rails with DR regulation but using the larger Steacom FC9 chassis.

Existing SR7DRMR2 chassis can only take 2 rails with DR regulation. If you need more than 2 simultaneously connections, the adjustment range maximum voltage will be reduced, the heat generated on the connection output rail will be excessive, and defeats the galvanic isolation between the rails while causing ground loops between the power supply and the equipment being powered.

I have ordered one.

Paul told me it is possible 

My order accepted by Paul after checking FC9 termal capacity by Him for 3 output:

SR7DRMR3XLFC9 (DR version, XL Version)
—» output 1:  12v  ,   10A module
—» output 2:  9v   ,    6A  module
—» output 3:  5v   ,    6A  module

FC9 Streacom (silver no optical slot)  (SKU: ST-FC9S-ALPHA  EAN: 8718469091010)

DC Cables:
60cm DC10FSXL (1PC) 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID DC adaptor jack (12v)
60cm DC6FSXL  (1PC) 5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID DC adaptor jack (9v)
60cm DC6FSXL  (1PC) 5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID DC adaptor jack (5v)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 9:49 PM, paulhynes said:

Hey Guys,

Give me a break. You requested a custom build service to provide a bespoke product that is not generally available off the shelf and certainly, according to all reports, not available elsewhere at this high level of performance. Custom build is completely different form ordering an off the shelf item which can be shipped out as soon as the packing and paperwork is completed.

Firstly my products are very popular (I guess this is my fault for designing products people like) and this also guarantees there will be a queue often with long lead times. Secondly, my ordering terms do state that lead times are estimates and unforeseen circumstances can affect lead times. How many unforeseen circumstances occur in any given time frame is unpredictable and they do happen, hence the inclusion in my ordering terms. I mean you no disrespect but I have to say that if you are not able to accept such terms of ordering, please do not order products from me. In future buy something off the shelf and accept the resulting performance level you will get from such sources.

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul

I have ordered Custom SR7 to Paul and i guess delivery time is more than 4 month .

I think some guys are worry about the long delivery time but i think we should thanks Paul for accepting custom orders.

I am really happy because Paul build my order exactly upon my custom order.

4 month or 5 month or 6 month, delivery time is not important to me and i just like to get a good sound .

guys , please be patient and let Paul to be relax .

excuse me for off-topic.

Regards,

Amir

• 1 month later...