IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

You are probably missing a very important point - a quality standalone power supply (or even the standalone external clock) is always reusable and in computer audio there will always be a need for it. If the Phoenix didn’t float the bloat, you take a big hit selling it. Additionally, most of the folks don’t have the luxury of PH SR7, nor do they even use an external clock such as Ref10 - so it’s probably unfair to generalize the cost at the gross level. As I see it, the Phoenix is quiet a bit expensive for just being a re-clocker but time will tell, off coarse.

I think the reason austinpop included those components is because that's precisely what's in the Innuos offering.  So it isn't really "just a re-clocker"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Hello!

Yes, I forgot to let you know.

Along with the Buffalos I had listened to the Ubiquiti router(s) as a plain switch(es).

Nenon had written the day before. He had listened to this thing.

Buffalo switches are a totally different story. They play miles better than Ubiquitis.

It seems that Ubiquiti is the best choice for routers and Buffalo the best for switches.

Imaging was far bigger with Buffalos, low & high frequencies were shockingly real. Ubiquiti was sounding a lot more harsh against Buffalos.

I have observed that the comments of Nenon are always in line with my own findings. He has gone through the path previously than me, so he already knows.

It is a real pity that Buffalos are discontinued and not available any more.

Go and get as many as you can, although I guess that the last pieces have already been completely vanished from the market. Either 8- or 16- or 24- ports, go grab them at any price. In quad version they offer a stratospheric sound quality. Last choice could be the commercial version of Melco although at a much increased price.

This pushed me over the line and made me purchase 2 of the BS-GS2008

9 hours ago, Nenon said:

Buffalo switches - does the 8-port model sound like the 16-port model? Time to find out.

IMG_3472.jpg.87eb724c6119479f7d98b1f6c73f6c20.jpg

But first, some serious burn-in time needed.

Am waiting for my 2008 to arrive as well! What DC Voltage does it take? I might get another dual rail ciunas ISO-PS to power them