IGNORED

Happening: Holo Spring 3 vs. Yiggy vs. Codex vs. 2Qute

36 minutes ago, Maxx134 said:

I'm going to buck the tide once again with my observations, (and awareness of volume matching, ha)...

I have the Spring Lvl 1 and I still prefer it to side-by-side listening with yggy (A-board)...

So I am of doubting opinion that a Spring Lvl-3 is adding much beninfits to the sound over a Lvl-1...

In fact there were detailing that were noticed with the Spring that were more subdued on the yggy...

The yggy image was a bit further away and narrower,

While the Spring was a bit closer, wider, and more immersive or involving.

It was as if the yggy was also a tiny bit more relaxed as well..

Tonaly, they were both strikingly similar and also both were very high in palpable realism.

Also,

I have heard all the Chord stuff and the only dac they have that was at this level was the Dave.

I did compare a Hugo2 against the yggy and it was really nice but wasn't at that yggy level of overall performance.

Anyways, my point being you can get a Holo Spring Dac Lvl-1 and still be easily neck-and-neck with a yggy for almost a thousand dollars less....

I have not tried the Gumby but not going to bother when it is already lower than a yggy...

Also, remember these observations were done with an ollder yggy with the "A" board, which is stated to be slightly less better than the updated "B" board.

Basically they updated the output stage to have "blacker blacks"...

reminds me of the old maps that said "here be dragons" for unexplored territory... your comparisons fall into that mold since no source solution is identified to establish the level of competency and biases of the source chain

Regards,

Dave

Audio system