IGNORED

TuneBlade - Windows to Airplay software

filbert

I have been looking for something to stream from a music player on Windows to my Marantz amp that supports AirPlay.

I came across TuneBlade which seems to the job pretty well. I don't have a high end system, so I can't make detailed comparisons on quality but it is simple and cheap (£7.99) and has a demo version.

It's been stable and just does what it claims to for me, at least..

As it doesn't seem to be mentioned much, I thiugth I'd post a note here.

Usual disclaimers...

What Windows music player software do you use? Some support UPnP/DLNA streaming, eg JRiver Media Center, foobar2000 with appropriate plugin components, etc, which is the more usual way to network file stream from Windows - assuming your Marantz supports UPnP/DLNA as well as AirPlay (I don't know any Marantz streamers that support AirPlay and not UPnP/DLNA too).

Is there any noticeable delay between the playback actions at the player software via TuneBlade's AirPlay & the sound appearing at the Marantz?

Have you compared your music player software + TuneBlade combo, to using iTunes as the music player, which natively supports AirPlay and is in sync, even the Windows version?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox